I usually write these up at the end of the year, but things have been chaotic around here for two months and I just haven’t gotten back into my groove. Today is January 6, and I am spending the better part of the day just writing everything that needs to be done.
In no short order, here is a bullet point list of everything that happened in 2016, followed by what is going to happen in the first quarter of 2017.
- Productivity-wise 2016 was the worst year yet (less than 30 games were released this year)
- Sales-wise, it was the best year yet (go figure)
- Praxis is probably the single-best thing I’ve ever produced in such a short time and there are still 10 more ideas for this game mechanic in the queue.
- Carcass and City of Masks are very late
- Toolcards 2 is even later
- Wendy Reischl has been helping here and there and her input has been invaluable
- Which indicates to me that this company needs one helper-monkey (“You’re supposed to be a helper monkey. This isn’t helping!”
Moving forward, the next 3 months will be focused on finishing old business. I can’t and won’t do another kickstarter until everything on my plate is done. That said:
- Carcass is 75% complete
- City of Masks is 33% complete
- Toolcards is nearly there (I really am just crippled creatively by these Archetype cards)
- After that, this year will see the release of new protocols, praxis games, a new game system called Providence, and some new RPGs by myself and some freelance writers.
- No spoilers at this moment
This is really the crappiest update I’ve ever done, but I need to buckle down and finish work. For those of you who’ve been patient, I promise the future of Post World Games is to revamp the release process so these backups in production never happen again.